Essex Library Now Offers Zinio Magazine Service: Read Favorite Magazines For Free
October 22, 2013
Read full digital copies of your favorite magazines on a computer, tablet, or mobile device using the free Zinio Reader app.
The Essex Library and Libraries Online (LION) are now offering a large selection of downloadable magazines via Zinio, the world’s largest newsstand, offering full color, interactive digital magazines for your enjoyment. Browse from the library’s collection of popular titles with no holds, no checkout periods, no fines, and no limit to the number of issues you can download.
New issues are released simultaneously with the print edition; many are available for download before they arrive at the library.
CREATE ACCOUNTS, BROWSE AND SUBSCRIBE
Using the library’s free Zinio magazine subscription service requires the creation of two accounts–a library Zinio account to view the library’s collection and a free Zinio.com account to read magazines online or via the Zinio Reader app on your mobile device. Follow these steps to create both accounts:
(note: You must use the same email address for both accounts.)
Create a library Zinio Collection account:
1. Go to the library’s Zinio Collection page. Browse the collection and click on a magazine to check out.
2. If you haven’t already created an account, click create an account. Enter the required information and click submit.
3. Once your library collection account is validated, click confirm check out.
4. Your magazine is now checked out and available to read in your Zinio.com account.
Create a free Zinio.com account to start reading
5. After checking out your magazine, a Zinio.com window will open and prompt you to log in.
6. If you are new to Zinio.com, click create an account. Enter the required information and click submit.
7. Your personal reading account is now activated and your magazine is available in the your library tab on Zinio.com.
Install the Zinio Reader App
Visit your device’s app store to download and install the free Zinio Reader App. Note: use the Zinio app only to read your magazines. Browse and check out new issues of library magazines using a Web browser.
READ YOUR MAGAZINES
Follow these steps to read your magazines using your device’s browser or the Zinio Reader app.
Using the browser on your computer or smart device
After checking out a magazine, click the cover image to open it for reading.
- Some magazines require the Zinio Reader app. If your device is not app-compatible, those titles will not be available on your device.
- Mobile devices with small screens may cause slow loading or prevent loading of content altogether.
Using the Zinio Reader app on your computer or smart device
After checking out a magazine using a Web browser, open the Zinio Reader app, sign in to your Zinio.com account, find your magazine and start reading.
CHECKING OUT ADDITIONAL LIBRARY COLLECTION MAGAZINES
Return to the library Zinio Collection page using your Web browser to check out additional magazines. Note: You cannot check out magazines with the Zinio Reader app.
MANAGING YOUR ACCOUNT
- Use the Account Settings area of your Zinio.com account and or the Zinio Reader app on your mobile device to stop receiving unwanted sample magazines, emails from Zinio.com, or to block adult content.
- Edit your collection to remove magazines on your computer and/or mobile device.
1. Connect to your Zinio.com account.
2. Click Your Library (PC/Mac) or Read (mobile apps).
3. Click Edit Your Reading List near the top of the screen.
4. Use the dropdown arrows to select the title of the subscription you wish too cancel.
5. Click the red X button to remove the issue, then click DONE.