Ben & Jerry’s Library Theme Flavor?
August 5, 2009
Times are tough for libraries all over. So what’s a good idea to promote libraries? New Jersey Librarian Andy Woodworth created a Facebook page in June to promote the creation of library-themed ice cream flavors at Ben & Jerry’s. The company that made its name with inventive flavors from rock bands–Cherry Garcia, Phish Food, Dave Matthews Band’s Magic Brownies to name a few, has been known to take suggestions from the crowd. According to Andy, 1. Libraries are awesome; 2. Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream is tasty; therefore: 3. A library-themed Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream would be tasty awesome.
Here are some of the current suggestions of names & their recommended accompanying flavors:
– Gooey Decimal System = Dark fudge alphabet letters with caramel swirls in hazelnut ice cream.
– Sh-sh-sh-Sherbet! = Key Lime or a Chocolate/Vanilla combination
– Cookie Bookie = a combination of cookie bits!
– Dusty Stacks = layered ice cream with speckles of cocoa in every layer.
– Li-Berry Pie = Lime sherbet mixed with raspberry sauce and pie crust crumbles (cinnamon sugar, butter, piecrust).
So take a click over to Andy’s Facebook page: People For A Library-Themed Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream Flavor and join the more than 4,400 others who’ve shown their support for libraries–and ice cream!